I’m not someone to come home from work and say, “Man I need a beer”, but I will sometimes elect to grab a blanket and plop on the couch. But sometimes when life is good (or bad) people have a tendency to always gravitate towards alcohol.
Now don’t get me wrong or judge me, I love beer. Seriously my friends and I always check our beers in on Untappd when we’re out together to see who got the latest badge. But sometimes isn’t it ideal to put down the bottle and grab a blanket instead?
Sometimes a bit of self-reflection and relaxation really gets the body and mind going again. When I’ve had a long day at work, sometimes coming home, cuddling up with my pup, and getting my favorite blanket out does the job that no beer or drink could’ve done.
Here are some real benefits to grabbing a blanket:
- It gives you a great excuse not to get up. “Oh, sorry I just laid down and I’m super comfy!”
- You can leave your phone in the other room and disconnect. Oh, it’s ringing? Who cares. You know if you get up your spot will no longer be warm. (seriously I hate that)
- If the blanket is clean you get to sniff in the fresh scent of linen and lavender flower fields. Is that even a real thing?
- If the blanket isn’t clean, it gives you the heads up, “Hey wash me, I smell like your younger brother’s gym socks!”.
- Gives you a great excuse to cuddle up with your loved one. Invite them in, they can be part of your club too, only if they know the password. Which leads me to my next point.
- Make it a sweet tent! Nothing is better than making a sweet tent or fort with your blanket and basking in the glory of how much better your building skills are compared to your 5-year-old self.
Now that you know some full (and awesome) advantages of grabbing a blanket, get out there and start cuddling. But take note sometimes getting rip-roaring drunk is also a great course of action. I can respect both decisions.
But always remember, you can run out of beer, but your blanket will always be waiting. And if you’re going to drink, do it responsibly please. We don’t need anymore deaths or tragedies.
Or you can also resort to the third option and grab both!